Paris, France:

Folder 2A



Click on individual icons to see larger pictures and text.

Link to Maps Within France

Elements: Iodine, uranium, radium, polonium
Location: Paris
Scientist: Courtois, Lavoisier, Peligot, Curie

1630 map of Paris

1630 map of Paris

1739 Turgo map

Notre Dame, etc.

Notre Dame and Pont Neuf

Notre Dame detail

Close view of Pont Neuf

20 arrondissements

Turgot map

Park named for Courtois

Saint Antoine Street

Rue Trousseau Street

Northward on Rue Trousseau

Bernard Courtois moved to this address

Southwest on
Rue Saint-Ambroise

Site of the old home of Courtois

31 Saint-Ambroise (old address 9)

Looking back at the apartments

1739 the Saint-Ambroise area

The future Rue Saint-Ambroise

plans for a "modern" nitrière

Toward the Saint-Ambroise Church

Frontside of the Saint-Ambroise Church

Saint Ambroise

Colonne de Juillet

Western side of the Place de la Bastille

History of the Bastille

"Historoire de Paris" posts,"

Information on the Bastille

How Bastille stones were used

Bastille and the Arsenal area

Identifications on previous map

250 meters south of la Place de la Bastille

Boulevard Bourdon and Rue Bassompierre

to the right, the plaque.

Local government of Paris

Where Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier worked and lived

Port de l'Arsenal.

Port de l'Arsenal used to bring cargo to arsenal.

Old street used to establish geographical locations

View of the Bastille-Petit Arsenal area

The (Grand) Arsenal and the gunpowder warehouse

Museum of Paris History

Statue of Louis XIV

modern street sign for the Carnavalet

Very old street sign

Hotel Carnavalet

Streets had different names at the time of Turgot

The mansion was constructed in 1560

Model of the Bastille

Taking of the Bastille

The Bastille--first days of its demolition

Exécution de Louis XVI

Exécution de Marie-Antoinette

École Centrale des Arts et Manufactures

Hotel le Camus

Musée National Picasso

The entrance is through the green door

Southward on Rue de Thorigny

Names of the streets have not changed in over two centuries

A closer look at the entrance

Histoire de Paris

Built by Boullier de Bourges

École des Metiers d'Art

École Centrale des Arts et Manufactures

Hotel Salé.
Embassy of Venice 1671

Inside the gate.

Courtyard.-- note the statue

Fascinating design of guarding statues

Entrance to the museum

public information map

Note the enclosed crescent carriage area.

Madame Curie lived her later

Madame Curie
moved here

The entrance

"Marie Curie 1867-1934 lived in this tenement 1912-1934."

North of Notre-Dame

Where Lavoisier was born.

cul-de-sac has been extended through to Rue Rambuteau

Looking north along Rue Pecquay

Looking south along Rue Pecquay

Much as it was 200 years ago.

Rue Pecquay and Rue des Blancs Manteaux

l'Église de St. Merri

Appears much as it did in Lavoisier's time

Southward on Rue Saint-Martin

Built during the first half of the 16th century.


View of the nave

chapel of the church

Sometimes called "Notre Dame la Petit"

Place Igor Stravinky.

Fontaine Stravinsky

Musée national d'Art modern

Back to the top

Copyright ©2018, Dr. James L. Marshall and Virginia R. Marshall
All Rights Reserved.