Paris, France Folder C/parisC302

Previous | Home | Next

La Place de la Concorde was originally called La Place de Louis XV, developed in 1755 and filled with fountains and statues to honor the king. During the French Revolution, the statue of Louis XV was taken down and the site was renamed la Place de la Révolution. The guillotine was brought in and the executions began.