Paris, France Folder C/parisC504

Previous | Home | Next

The school was first established in 1794 in the Palais Bourbon, built 1722-1728. Then the next year the school was moved next door (80 meters west) to the Hotel de Lassay, built 1726-1730. Today one can cross the Seine River directly to Palais Bourbon by using the Pont de la Concorde, but this was not built until 1834. The 2nd site of the École de Mines (to be discussed later) was 300 meters east on Rue de la Université (see below).