Paris, France /parisD732

Previous | Home | Next

"Built in 1707 by J. B. Le Blond for Canon de la Porte, the hotel, leased to the Duchess of Vendome, was remodeled by the original builder in 1715-1716: it changed its facade on the garden and created a new exterior. After the Revolution, the hotel was confiscated, and since 1815 the School of Mines (which was originally founded in 1783) existed here. From 1840 to 1852, the architect Duquesney made modifications by enlarging the edifice. The grand staircase was decorated with paintings by Hugard in 1854 and in 1856 by Pujol."