Paris, France/parisG021

Previous | Home | Next

Rouelle's laboratory is where he held his popular chemical demonstrations. Lavoisier did some of his training here. The "Labyrinth" was created by Comte de Buffon, curator in 1739, and still exists today. His house (still exists today) lies under the arrow pointing toward todays' Rue Geoffrey Saint-Hillaire, which was then Rue Saint Victor. Today's Rue Cuvier was then Rue de Seine.